Monday, August 30, 2004

Apparently I can't read a calendar...

I've been feeling like CAAF all day. I have been all set to take my vacation the week of Labor day for months. Since my last vacation actually. I don't exactly have any plans, I just need a break from the grind and some time to relax.

So I was shocked to find out that I didn't have next week off but the week after that! I don't think I can make it that long. Wifey couldn't move her vacation back a week so I had to pull some strings to get coverage for the first two days of the week and will have an extra couple of days to use later in the year. I am not going to take that week off if wifey can't be with me so I might as well just save the time.

I can't believe the mix-up that I created. I was the one who had told wifey when to schedule hers. I suppose I should have double and/or triple checked with my own employer first. The strange part was that my boss also thought I was going next week and it wasn't until my boss's boss sent along a schedule for the person who was to cover my shift that the mistake was even noticed. My boss told me that I should tell the big boss that I had non-refundable tickets somewhere. I don't feel comfortable with that. I mean I'm a slacker and all but that just wouldn't be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home