Saturday, August 14, 2004

I want my two hours back...

Since when has it become ok to go ahead and make a movie with dialogue that is so mind numbingly bad that the movie could be considered a comedy for the fact that it got made in the first place? Apparently it was just about the time that Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson started work on the worst movie I have seen since Super Troopers. That's right folks I am talking about the awesomely bad movie Starsky and Hutch. I'm guessing that most of you didn't make it to the end, it was a struggle to hang in there myself, but the cameo appearance of the original Starsky and Hutch made it that much worse. Reminiscent of Rudy G's cameo in another shitty flick (Anger Management) these seventies TV icons were reduced to terrible punchlines in a film full of terrible punchlines.

The thing is, I've always been a fan of Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson (especially anything he's done with Wes Anderson of course) Vince Vaughn and I was really looking forward to seeing Snoop in an acting role. They all let me down. The only thing I liked even a little bit about this movie was the music. SOme great hits of the seventies in there. For my money in seventies music it doesn't get much better then "The Load" by The Band. This director definitely put a load back on me. A load of the steaming variety if you catch my drift.

The wife and I didn't laugh at all. Folks, I will giggle at just about anthing remotely funny. Nothing of the sort can be found here. I know that it's too late for many of you but if you haven't seen Starsky and Hutch consider yourself lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home