Sunday, September 12, 2004

My weekend was fine and yours?

I had quite a weekend. It was probably one of the most eventfulweekends I've had in some time. It of course started on Friday night when wifey and I headed north to Boston to see the traveling production of Disney's The Lion King. I must admit it was quite good. The sets and costumes were incredible. The story was tried and tested in the movie (not to mention in Shakespeare, The king is killed by his brother and the prince must struggle with his place in the scheme of things, sound familiar?) and did feel a bit forced when they added scenes for time. Theatrical filler as it were. Overall though, an enjoyable show. Before curtain we walked over to Chinatown and found a little hole in the wall Chinese place for dinner. I had the duck and wifey the chicken and broccoli. The small restaurant held only six tables one of which was occupied by a middle aged gentleman who was engrossed in the Yankee game on the TV behind the tiny little bar. We sat down and enjoyed our meals but I couldn't help but notice how much noise was coming from the kitchen when it was obvious that there wasn't any demand on new entrees. The drive in and out of Boston was smooth sailing and the convenient parking lot across from the theater kept our car nice and safe. We had a fantastic evening, a wonderful beginning to a great weekend.

My in-laws came for a visit on Saturday afternoon. They arrived from Jersey at about 4pm which gave us ample time to clean the apartment for their inspection. We went out for another fantastic dinner at a local seafood place with my parents. I don't like seafood. Never have. I sucked it up and decided that you only live once and I might as well try something new. Let me tell you that if you can ever try fresh mako shark with a roasted corn salsa do not pass up the opportunity! We finished dinner and desert before embarking on a walking tour of our beautiful little city. Luckily the fires were lit for Waterfire which the in-laws seemed very impressed with. So far we were two for two on having good weekend days.

Sunday wasn't bad per se but it wasn't all that good either. We woke up early to have breakfast with Wifey's parents and wish them a safe trip back to Jersey. I picked up my weekly newspapers on the way home and settled in for a lazy Sunday of football, the Times, and a possible afternoon nap. Three hours later we got a call from said in-laws alerting us that my father-in-law had left his briefcase behind at the hotel and needed it for work tomorrow. We had been given a mission. Retrieve the case and head into Connecticut. We would meet them halfway. Five hours later my lazy Sunday could resume. It really wasn't that bad like I said I wasn't doing anything anyway.

All in all it was a great weekend. That's it, just a boring old recap. I have been reading a lot and I saw a whole bunch of terrible movies lately that I'd like to post about so you all have that to look forward to. 'Til then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home