Saturday, November 13, 2004

Books.

I finished Steinbeck's The Moon is Down this morning. A nice little novel. Steinbeck's simple language is very comforting to me. For my money, I'll take the simple, everyday language of Steinbeck over almost anybody. This short novel was new to me and came highly recommended by my father. The story follows a small town after it is occupied by an invading force. Written in the early 40's it is assumed that the occupying force is German and the "leader" that they speak of is of course Hitler but neither fact is mentioned or relevant. I found myself relating the book to current events in a few different ways. If you are in the mood for a quick but thought provoking novel give this one a look.

Soon after finishing the book The Wife and I took a ride over to the bookstore. I picked up new Phillip Roth book The Plot Against America due in part to the recommendations of one Mr. Mark Sarvas. After a quick twenty pages I am hooked. Updates to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home