Sunday, November 28, 2004

Holiday weekend recap - (short version)

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. My mom and dad have all the family over and we spend the day eating, drinking wine, and reminiscing; all the while getting louder and louder as the day goes on. This year was no different. The Wife and I had to take more than a few advils at the end of that day.

Friday we hit the road for New Jersey to spend the rest of the weekend with The Wife's family. A second Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday afternoon followed by a rousing game of Trivial Pursuit: The 90's (in which The Wife and I kicked ass!) The In-laws thanksgiving holiday is a little more calm than my family's but it still wore up out and as cute as my nieces are, their high pitched squeals tend to get more and more aggravating after 8 hours.

Today we got up around 8:30 so we could be on the road early. By 9:30 we had said all our goodbyes and were on our way. No traffic at all. Anyone familiar with driving I-95 through Connecticut knows what a good deal that is. We got home in plenty of time to unpack and relax before the Patriots game. (Ravens 3, Pats 24) A bit hectic but all holiday weekends are so I have no complaints.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home