Saturday, December 18, 2004

The desert comes a-callin'

Last year sometime I read a theory on the internet that you will probably hear the word monkey every single day of your life. I dismissed the theory as a bunch of bunk. Two weeks later that I had noticed the word popping up a lot more often than expected. At that point maybe it was because I was looking for it..

A few weeks ago The Wife seriously suggested a Las Vegas trip next summer. We have been dying to return since our honeymoon. Ever since she mentioned it Las Vegas has popped up at least once a day, whether it is episodes of C.S.I. or tonight in the movie Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. Even people at work have been bringing it up and I can't tell you how badly I want to get back.

We have only been there once and it seems to me that it can only get better on return trips. You know what you are up against and can plan accordingly. We went there without a plan. Not even a map. I didn't want to be constricted by a schedule or itinerary. We wanted an adventure. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas so I won't go into detail but suffice it to say that an adventure was definitely had. House or no house I'm not sure I have the will power not to go back this summer. If The Wife keeps bringing it up expect The Fog to take a break and report back with a travel essay. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home