Tuesday, April 26, 2005

First amendment, we don't need no stinking first amendment.

With the Red Sox down by three in the bottom of the eighth I just don't have the time or the energy to write all of my feelings on this topic. I don't know if I would be able to stop and I am trying to cut the stress and aggravation out of my life. It is stuff like this that gets my blood boiling. Please read this. (I hope you have a signup to the old grey lady but if not use bugmenot.com) Please think about it. Please realize that these are very, very dangerous and trying times in this country. Especially if you are not part of the religious right. The Thought Police are out there and unfortunately they are in positions of power.

The result of this open espousal of one religious view is a censorious climate in which a growing number of pharmacists feel free to claim moral grounds for refusing to dispense emergency contraception and even birth control pills prescribed by a doctor. Public schools shy away from teaching about evolution, and science museums reject scientifically sound documentaries that may offend Christian fundamentalists. Public television stations were afraid to run a children's program in which a cartoon bunny met a lesbian couple.


Scary, scary days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home