Monday, May 23, 2005

State of the union.

Well the hard part is over and now it is just a matter of muscling my way through 4 more long days of mindless work to get to a 3 day weekend. Much deserved at that. I work in an office of two people and my one co-worker has been out on a medical leave for three weeks, and there is no telling how long until she comes back. My job is mindless but now I am stuck doing the mindless work of two people and not enjoying it at all. The upcoming three day weekend will hopefully give me some time to recharge my dying batteries while having some fun (hopefully in the sun but I'm not holding my breathe on that.)

Both The Wife and I have started photoblogs and so I suspect we will be carrying the camera around with us more often. If money weren't so tight here in the Fog we would get another just so we could each have our own. Ah well, someday.

We downloaded (legally people) the new Ben Folds album yesterday. I haven't had time to give it a listen yet but The Wife tells me that it is quite good. I have been a fan of Ben's for a long time and so I am not surprised by this.

I am reading Bunts by George F. Will. While I disagree with Mr Will's politics, no one writes baseball essays like him. A Cub fan for life George feels the pain I felt until last October. His pieces show and tell why baseball is more than a game but instead a way of life in this country.
I would put a graph or two here but I haven't been able to narrow one down yet. There is at least one noteworthy piece every page or so. I did throw something up on my baseball blog though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home